Merkin Monday is a grand tradition at Devil’s Ridge, so YHC felt honor-bound as a non-DR-regular to deliver on that front during a rare Q here.
In response to the pre-blast, Sweatervest and Bitcoin attempted to out-exclamation-point themselves on Slack in eager anticipation of the merkin mania. The hype was high.
Here’s how it went down:
- SSH X 38IC (nod to # of Churham AOs)
- Slow Merkin X 10IC
- Imperial walker X 10IC
- 10 Bitcoin Merkin IC (Pushup, right arm high, push up, left arm high = 1 rep)
- Hillbilly X 10IC
- Derkin X 10
- LBAC X 10 IC
- Erkin X 10
- Reverse LBAC X 10IC
- 10 jackass Merkins (merkin with a donkey kick)
50 merkins down already! (Or is it 60 with those Bitcoin merkins? Perhaps the new Nantan can weigh in.)
Mosey to area in front of parking deck
- Standard merkin: 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 = 100 merkins in under 5 minutes
Shook it out with Michael Phelps x 10IC
- Close-grip merkins: 20, 15, 10, 5 = 50
Recovered with mosey inside parking deck to protect YHC’s phone from the rain
- Wide-grip merkins: 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 = 100
MP X 10 IC
- Hand-release merkins: 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 = 100
MP X 10 IC
- Erkins: 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 = 100
This was tough, but PAX crushed it and kept up just enough mumble chatter to help us all push through.
Mosey back to start with five minutes left for
- Flutter kick X 38IC
- WWII X 38
- 10-merkin ROF – way more challenging than usual after what we had just accomplished but a good way to blast it out at the end.
Total of 510 merkins for the day, or 520 depending on what Teo says about those Bitcoin merkins.
Prayers for Llama Llama’s friend who was recently diagnosed with ALS. A number of us also have had people in our lives who have suffered from this terrible disease. We prayed for physical, mental and spiritual strength for him and his family.
Grateful for a hard-working and fun crew today. Strong way to kick off the work week. Aye!