16 PAX enjoyed the Cosmo undercard at TBL, prelude to the big-shindig-that-is-not-a-convergence next Saturday for the coronation of Teo as new Churham Nantan (Apache for “chief.”)
5 got in an EC run and one did an EC ruck.
Appreciative that most heeded YHC’s request to be circled up at 0700, as the warmup included a goodly amount of burpees in addition to the regular stuff. (Had to clarify that the burpees were NOT penalties for a few late arrivals.)
- SSH X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Imperial Walker X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Good morning X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Hillbilly X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Willie Mays Hayes X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Little Baby Arm Circles X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Reverse X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Slow squat X 10 IC, 5 burpees oyo
- Head count, 10 burpees oyo
Voila, 50 burpees before we even officially get started with
Partnered up and lined up on sideline for Classic Dora – run across field and back while each partner set completed 100 merkins, 200 LBC SC, 300 jump squat. (TBL didn’t invent the jump squat, just perfected it.)
Recovery saunter to rocks, PAX advised to get a big’un
Rapid Fire Rock Sets X 3
- OHP X 25, 20, 15
- Rows X 25, 20, 15
- Curls X 25, 20, 15
PAX advised to grab a smaller rock they could pick up with one hand, move to turf field
- Bear Crawl halfway down field with rock, then flip to crab walk with rock on belly for the rest of the way
- Crawl bear with rock 1/3 of the way back, then flip to walk crab with rock (legs in front), then walking lunge with a twist
20 merkin palate cleanser
YHC then noted that Floyd recently had posted the back blast from Cardiac’s first-ever Q. That insanity included jump squats with a rock X 30 – multiple times. We did one set of 30 in honor of that nutcase.
Moseyed back to return rocks and circle back up on main field
Had indicated previously that we were done with burpees after warmup. Alas, PAX crushed what YHC had planned faster than anticipated, so we busted out the Uzi special of 20 burpees oyo.
Then went around the circle until time, with each PAX selecting a Mary exercise. If memory serves:
- Big Kat – American Hammer IC
- Scrooge McDuck – Box Cutter IC
- Mueller – Flutter Kick IC
- Food Lion – JLo IC
- Peppermint Pattie – Mountain Climber SC
- Adolphus – Slow WWII
- Bitcoin closed us out with some plank action
Teo announced aforementioned festivities for passing of Nantan torch. See y’all at TBL next Saturday for Adolphus and Riggs Q. Adolphus asked that we think of PAX who haven’t been out in a while and EH them just like an FNG to get them back in the fold. YHC asked for prayers for Pikachu, who got married in October and is expecting a child later this year. YHC took us out.
PAX got a window into YHC’s neuroses when he told during warm-up a dream he had just that morning where he forgot the sequence of today’s warm-up exercises. The dream, set on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill which was also somehow a golf course with an alligator of the one-eyed, Chubbs-hand-eating variety lurking on it, also featured two guys wandering through the circle wearing garish NC State hoodies and a lady who mistook Imperial Walkers for Hillbillys. In conclusion, YHC may have some issues. Thanks to the PAX for the free therapy. Aye!