Greetings, fist bumps, etc., mixed in with discussions of Bright Idea’s infamous tattoo.
- Double-time SSH
- Arm Circles
Main Event – Benefit from a Boon of Burpees
Partner up. One partner does movement from across parking lot and back (~50 yards one way). Other partner does a burpee variation. Flapjack and then repeat so that each partner gets two sets of travel and two sets of burpees per round.
- Round 1: Bear Crawl & Burpees
- Round 2: Lunge Walk & Hand-Release Burpees (just like a normal burpee, but with a HR Merkin in lieu of normal merkin)
- Round 3: Crab Walk & Burpee Squats (do a burpee & add a squat at the end)
- Round 4: Crawl Bear & Bodybuilders (add a plank jack after the merkin)
- Round 5: Backwards Run & Mountain Climber Burpee (add 4-count MC after merkin)
Due to time constraints, we only did one iteration of Rounds 4 & 5.
- Freddie Mercuries
- Merkin RoF
- The Wolf – Sat., Feb 29, 0700 – 0900, Duck & Weave AO in Hillsborough
- Gamber III – Date Change likely due to conflict with BC Games
Possibly fueled by some smack talking, Brotox informed the Pax yesterday at The Jag that not only was the Burpee invented by a dude named Royal Huddleston Burpee, but that he also incorporated it into his PhD thesis at Columbia. However, the original burpee was simply a four-count movement; no push-up, no jump. Moreover, good ole R.H. Burpee was not a proponent of doing a lot of “burpees”; his original test was just four burpees. Well, as fate would have it, Uncle Sam evidently took a liking to this exercise and began incorporating it into his physical fitness test. And then, of course, over time the burpee evolved into the somewhat masochistic, multi-variation beast that we wrestle with today.
I guess my point is everything evolves, everything changes. We must evolve, change, adapt as well. We will become stronger. Have a great day, and thank you as always for the opportunity and support. Aye!