North Durham was the scene of the crime this AM. Chubbs and I ruck-ran for 30 minutes while we discussed the finer things in life such as rucking, our respective professions, and our respective beloved alma maters. EC rucking is a great opportunity to get to know your fellow PAX. Take advantage of it if you can!
I have a longstanding goal, each year, to get in the best shape of my life: endurance, strength, and speed. It is my goal for the rest of my life because it propels everything else for me. In years past, the stretch from Thanksgiving to Christmas is a tough one. Why? Big events are finished, turkey, booze, and treats make themselves more available, and the dark, cold weather can slow anybody down. F3 has been great for me because it is a fantastic tool to keep one’s momentum while many others slow down. Fellas, the finish line is not in December. The finish line is a long ways off, god willing, and there is no better time to get serious about your goals than right now.
I say this with the utmost sincerity and earnestness: we all need F3 to constantly remind each other to bring our best. What we write in these backblasts and what we say in the CoT may start to seem like blah blah blah to some, but it is the most important reminder and we need to hear it every. damn. day.
So today’s Q at Hurricanrana is raised in toast to honor the journey to better shape each year, and to remind myself that there is no finish line: get out there and earn your keep in this world every. damn. day. It may be easier to take your foot off the gas now – and I’m not advocating not taking breaks here and there – but do not forget how hard it was to get to where you are right this minute. Embrace that, and respect the work you have put in to get here, and that’ll make getting where you want to be much easier.
Warm up: standard fare with some butt kickers, high knees, karaoke to get the blood flowing.
Broad jump sequence:
- Broad jump, then squat, then jump squat, then broad jump again. Repeato.
- Tuck jump, then broad jump, then right and left lunge. Repeato.
- Corner 1: 10 burpees
- Corner 2: 10 burpees, 20 merkins
- Corner 3: 10 burpees, 20 merkins, 30 squats
- Corner 4: 10 burpees, 20 merkins, 30 squats, 40 dips
- Station 1 (timer): 50 swings with 30lb. KB
- Station 2: Upright row or deadlift with 70lb. KB (Binksy)
- Station 3: One-armed overhead press with 30lb. KB
- Station 4: Curls with 35lb. KB
- Station 5: WWIIs
- Station 6: Russian Hammers
- Station 7: Sumo squats with 100lb. KB (Sweetpea)
- Station 8: Jump squats
- Station 9: SSH
- Station 10: Farmer’s carries with 45lb. KB in each hand
Mary: Yoga stretching for 5 minutes, with some silence to get ready for our day.
CoT: Prayers to Lo-Pair, to Mr. Kimble’s wife recovering from a cancer scare
- Durham 2nd F next Wednesday at Pompieri for lunch at noon
- F3 Churham Holiday party Dec. 15 at 6pm (bring Ms)
- OBT, co-founder of F3, attending Devil’s Ridge next Monday and speaking at Rotary Club for lunch
- Form week begins next week!