EC – Three for all of a Murph you can complete in ~ 25 minutes (Beano, Nightshift, Shake It).
It was a crisp and at times breezy 40-degree morning. The Heels are in the middle of a three-game winning streak over the last five days, and Champ has begun to relentlessly talk smack on the new basketball Slack channel. Basketball is in the air, gents! As a result, this workout was built around improving agility, increasing your vertical jump, and getting some cardio in. The following is what went down.
WARM-UP – SSH, windmills, merkins, air squats, arm circles, imperial walkers, and a fellowship lap around all fields
- Grapevine knee kicks (right knee), 10 merkins
- Grapevine knee kicks (left knee), 10 merkins
- Single-leg alternating bounders (1/4 length of field, down and back 2x), 10 merkins
Pain Circuit (split into groups of two)
- Partner 1 – Weighted Kneeling Hip Raises and Partner 2 – Merkins (start from ground) – rotate and complete each exercise 2x – run lap around all fields
- Partner 1 – Kettlebell Swings and Partner Two – Air squats (starting in low squat hold position) – rotate and complete each exercise 2x – run lap around all fields
- Partner 1 – Straight-leg Deadlift/Shoulder Press Combo and Partner 2 – Fingertip Merkins/Six-inch Plank Hold Combo – rotate and complete each exercise 2x – run lap around all fields
Agility/Speed Suicides (series repeated 2x)
- Side shuffle 1/4 length of field and back to baseline
- Sprint to half field and complete 10 merkins
- Sprint back to baseline and plank until all PAX are back
MARY – LBCs, WWIIs, and Side Hip Raises (both sides)
Thanks to all PAX in attendance for a great start to the day. Aye!